Fix Techtonica Anyone else run into memory leak issues?
Techtonica is a first-person factory automation game set beneath the surface of an alien planet. Work alone or in co-op to build factories, gather resources, research new technologies, mold the destructible terrain, establish a base of operations, and uncover long-forgotten secrets.
Techtonica is an exciting game that allows players to experience the thrill of building factories and exploring an alien planet. However, like any other game, it is not without its flaws. In this article, we will discuss one particular issue that some players have encountered – memory leak issues.
As the game progresses and players build larger bases, some users have reported experiencing memory leak issues. One player shared their experience, mentioning multiple issues they faced:
- Couldn’t interact with some conveyors
- Random instances where the player couldn’t interact with certain conveyors, even walking through them. This made it difficult to troubleshoot the source of the problem and often required deleting sections of the base to fix it.
- Sounds echoing
- Explosive sounds and sounds from the Mole vehicle were echoing, which the player believed might be related to the issue. This occurred after a large section of the base was dug out using explosives in a short period of time.
- Stuttering and minor issues
- The user also experienced random stuttering and minor issues, common signs of computer running out of RAM.
Fortunately, the player found a simple solution to their memory leak issues. Restarting the game freed up their RAM usage, as they noticed it was close to reaching maximum capacity. While restarting the game is not an ideal solution, it proved effective in this case. The player mentioned their intention to keep an eye on their RAM usage in the future to avoid similar issues.
Memory leaks can be frustrating and negatively impact gameplay experience. In the case of Techtonica, some players have encountered memory leak issues as their bases grow larger. However, as with many software-related problems, there are often workarounds or solutions that can alleviate the problem.
The example mentioned in this article indicates that restarting the game can temporarily fix memory leak issues by freeing up RAM utilization. While this may not be a permanent solution, it can provide some relief for players experiencing these problems.
Overall, it is important for players to be aware of the resources their games are utilizing and take necessary steps to optimize their systems, such as monitoring RAM usage and closing unnecessary background programs. By being proactive, players can enhance their gaming experience and minimize the occurrence of memory leak issues.