Fix Techtonica Crashing During Play
Techtonica is a first-person factory automation game set beneath the surface of an alien planet. In this game, players work alone or in co-op to build factories, gather resources, research new technologies, mold the destructible terrain, establish a base of operations, and uncover long-forgotten secrets.
Many Techtonica players have reported experiencing frequent crashes during gameplay. These crashes occur every 2-20 minutes and sometimes even lock the whole computer instead of crashing to the desktop. These crashes are happening regardless of the player’s actions in the game and seem to be unrelated to any specific action.
Possible Causes of Crashing
There are several possible causes for the crashing issue players are experiencing in Techtonica. Here are some potential reasons:
- Hardware compatibility issues
- Software conflicts
- Driver issues
- Insufficient system resources
If you are experiencing crashes while playing Techtonica, here are some troubleshooting ideas that might help:
- Update Graphics Drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause crashes in games. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your specific model.
- Check System Requirements: Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Techtonica. If your hardware falls short, it may be unable to handle the game’s demands, leading to crashes.
- Lower Graphics Settings: Reduce the graphics settings in the game to lessen the strain on your hardware. Playing at lower settings can help prevent crashes caused by overloaded resources.
- Clean Dust and Ensure Proper Cooling: Overheating can lead to system instability and crashes. Clean any dust from your computer’s cooling fans and ensure proper airflow to prevent overheating.
- Close Unnecessary Background Processes: Close any unnecessary background processes or applications that may be consuming system resources. This will free up more resources for Techtonica to run smoothly.
- Verify Game Files: Steam and other game platforms allow you to verify the integrity of game files. Corrupted or missing game files can cause crashes. Go to the game’s properties in your game platform and select the option to verify the integrity of game files.
- Disable Overclocking: If you have overclocked your hardware, try disabling it temporarily. Overclocking can cause instability and crashes.
- Reinstall the Game: If none of the above solutions work, try reinstalling the game. Sometimes, installation files can become corrupted, leading to crashes.
Waiting for Patches
If none of the troubleshooting ideas mentioned above resolve the crashing issue, it is recommended to wait for early patches. Game developers often release updates and patches to address technical issues reported by players. Keep an eye on the game’s official website or forums for any news or updates regarding fixes for the crashing problem.
Experiencing frequent crashes can be frustrating, especially when playing an exciting game like Techtonica. By following the troubleshooting ideas mentioned above and keeping an eye out for any updates or patches from the game developers, you can improve your chances of resolving the crashing issue and enjoy a smooth gaming experience in Techtonica.