Fixing Techtonica Crashing Issue
Techtonica is a first-person factory automation game set beneath the surface of an alien planet. Players can work alone or in co-op to build factories, gather resources, research new technologies, mold the destructible terrain, establish a base of operations, and uncover long-forgotten secrets.
The Crashing Issue
Many players have reported experiencing crashes while trying to launch Techtonica. The game crashes right after the Techtonica logo appears on the screen. This issue has been troubling players even though they have whitelisted the game in their Steam library.
While there isn’t a surefire solution for the Techtonica crashing issue, there are several things you can try to potentially fix it.
Verify Game Files
One common cause of crashes in games is corrupted files. To check if this is the problem, you can verify the game files through Steam. Follow these steps:
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on Techtonica and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, navigate to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files”.
- Wait for the process to complete and try launching the game again.
Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers can often cause crashes in games. Upgrading your graphics drivers to the latest version may resolve the issue. Follow these steps:
- Identify your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel, etc.).
- Visit the manufacturer’s website and navigate to their drivers/downloads section.
- Search for the latest drivers available for your specific graphics card model and operating system.
- Download and install the updated drivers.
- Restart your computer and try launching Techtonica again.
Disable Antivirus or Firewall
Overly aggressive antivirus software or firewall settings can sometimes interfere with the proper functioning of games. Temporarily disabling these programs can help determine if they are the cause of the crash. Be cautious when disabling these programs, as it can leave your computer vulnerable. Follow the instructions provided by your antivirus or firewall software to disable their functionality temporarily. Launch Techtonica and see if the crashing issue persists.
If none of the above solutions work, it is recommended to reach out to the Techtonica support team for further assistance. Provide them with detailed information about the crash, including any error messages that appear. They may be able to provide specialized guidance or escalate the issue to the development team for investigation.
The Techtonica crashing issue can be frustrating for players who are eager to experience the game’s factory automation on an alien planet. However, by following the suggested solutions such as verifying game files, updating graphics drivers, disabling antivirus/firewall temporarily, and contacting support, you increase your chances of resolving the problem and enjoying the game without any crashes. Don’t let technical difficulties dampen your gaming experience!