Fixing Techtonica: An Alien Planet Automation Game
Techtonica is a first-person factory automation game set beneath the surface of an alien planet. Players can work alone or in co-op to build factories, gather resources, research new technologies, mold the destructible terrain, establish a base of operations, and uncover long-forgotten secrets.
I just loaded a save and noticed that all of my crank generators were showing the “needs cranking” icon despite them all being on water wheels. Then I noticed that the water wheels themselves appeared to be missing. The crank generators, despite showing the alert icon, seemed to still be producing power.
Looking around my base, I noticed that entire sections of my research core “towers” were visually missing, though when I tried to hover through the emptied space, I was still stopped by invisible cores.
There may be other machines missing now, but those are the ones I’ve noticed so far.
Trying to exit and reload the save did not restore the missing machines.
Has anyone else had anything similar happen? Were you able to resolve it?
In any case, I had just repaired the elevator which I understand is currently the end of the released content, so I’m comfortable calling this run complete and revisiting the game later.
After receiving reports of missing machines in Techtonica, our engineers have been investigating the issue. Here are some possible solutions to fix the problem:
1. Verify Game Files
First, make sure to verify the integrity of your game files. This process will check for any corrupted or missing files and replace them if necessary. To verify game files:
- Open the game launcher or Steam library.
- Find Techtonica in your game library.
- Right-click on Techtonica and select “Properties”.
- In the properties menu, navigate to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated or faulty graphics drivers can cause visual glitches and missing elements in games. To update your graphics drivers:
- Determine the make and model of your graphics card.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website (e.g. NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and navigate to the support or downloads section.
- Search for the latest drivers for your specific graphics card.
- Download and install the drivers according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Community Forums and Support
If the issue persists, it may be helpful to visit the official Techtonica community forums or contact the game’s support team for further assistance. Other players may have encountered similar problems and found solutions or workarounds to fix the missing machines issue.
As Techtonica is still in development, occasional bugs and issues are to be expected. The game’s developers and engineers are committed to resolving these issues and improving the gameplay experience for all players. By following the suggested solutions and seeking help from the game’s community, players can overcome the missing machines problem and continue enjoying the immersive world of Techtonica.